For me the selection of content is the hardest, there is so much good stuff to write about, especially with interviewees as creative as these in the book.
Can you give us a short synopsis of The Productivity Book?
We have asked 30 productivity specialists from around the world on how they manage their busy schedules, which tools they use, apps the favour and how they manage time constraints. In The Productivity Book you can find some really personal statements of these time-management experts.
What inspired you to write this book?
My daily work with these productivity experts and my conviction that everyone can be more productive by following some of these advices.
How many hours per day do you spend writing?
Less than 1 hour as I have a job as CEO of Doodle, the worlds favourite tool to save time while organising a meeting.
Name your Top Five Favorite Books. - this is a tough one, I enjoyed lately:
1. Elon Musk: Tesla, SpaceX, and the quest for a fantastic future, by Ashlee Vance
2. The Innovators: How a group of hackers, geniuses, and geeks created the digital revolution, by Walter Isaacson
3. Peter Thiel with Blake Masters: Zero to One
What are you working on now?
I work as CEO of Doodle and enjoy being part of the European digital community. We have some awesome startups with excellent business models in Berlin, London or Zurich, it is a real pleasure for me to help guide some of them to become global success stories.
Title: The Productivity Book
Author: Michael Brecht
Genre: Non-Fiction / Time Management
At Doodle, we understand that productivity isn’t how much you’re doing, it’s how much you get done. So, we spoke to 30 productivity and time management experts to figure out just how they do it. The result: The Doodle Productivity Book! It can’t make more hours in the day. But, it will show you how to get the most out of the time you do have, so you can work smarter, and not harder. Filled with personal stories, insightful anecdotes and sound advice, this book is a fresh examination of the habits that shape us—and how others have managed to break free of them.
- Since 02/2014 Doodle AG, Zurich/Berlin
- Since 2009 Founding Partner Tropfenjaeger
Online WineClub for selected clients in Europe.
- 3 years Founding Partner 52weine Wine Shopping Club
Exit to strategic Investor Pallhuber in Germany
- 5 years Goodingoo Media, Australia
Online Media, Marketing & Export Consulting Firm for Australian Businesses working in Asia
- 3 years knowledgeTools, Berlin
Strategy Consultant and Acquisition of Growth Capital for Founder
- 3 years Founding Partner and CEO of urbia.com
Leading family portal for the young family in Germany (today part of German Media company Gruner & Jahr)
- 2 years Board Member GE Capital IT Solutions, UK
Restructuring and Integration of UK subsidiary in European parent company, further growth with two acquisitions in the UK
- 7 years Managing Partner CompuNet, Berlin/Leipzig
Grew business from 5 to 300 employees in Berlin and former Eastern Germany, Exit to GE Capital subsidiary
- 1984-89 WHU Otto Beisheim School of Management
Focus on Entrepreneurship, Finance and Marketing
- 1982-84 Trainee at Deutsche Bank AG in Duesseldorf
Buy the book on Amazon